Friday, June 8, 2007

WebMail Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail

I still clearly remember the first time I started to use web mail, it was back to 1997 during my first year of college. At that time, to write a letter and send via stamp to friends locally or overseas were quite common until a friend of mine recommended me to use Hotmail.com and told me it is FREE. As far as my concern since it is free just sign up lor... But, for a internet dummy like me back then, I don't even know how to sign up until my friend guided me step by step and finally I owned one of the Hotmail.com account until today.

Today, the evolution of free webmail seem to be very competitive among the giant IT company like Google, Yahoo and MSN. Users have plenty options to choose from the 3 most popular webmail Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail. As a comparison of the 3 most popular webmail I personally prefer to use Gmail and Hotmail now.

The reasons are:


Gmail
1. Provides 2861 MB space
2. Back up all your important file in Gmail as long as you don't exceed 2861MB!!!
3. For blog purpose (analytics, adsense, webmaster)
4. User friendly



Hotmail
1. Provides 1024 MB space
2. For Instant Messenger (IM)
2. Been using for the past 10 years how to quit...
3. User friendly


Yahoo Mail
1. I hardly use.
2. NO comment (you can leave yours if you think Yahoo is better than Gmail.)
3. Latest update As Yahoo! Mail approaches its 10-year anniversary, begin offering everyone unlimited email storage starting in May 2007.

No comments:

Google